News & Events
Maryland Acupuncture Society provides high quality Acupuncture Continuing Education Courses and works to promote acupuncture and Asian medicine, support and represent practitioners, and disseminate information
Live WebinarsNo Events - Check Back Soon
Continuing Education News
Several webinars in Planning Stage!
PDA Certificates being created (2-3 weeks after live seminar):
- Part 2 of Lillian Bridges Face Reading, held February 20th with 56 registrants.
Recorded Self Paced Courses
PDA Course Coming Soon
- Aches and Pains by Alex Tiberi, 14 PDA
- The Evolution of the Acupuncture Profession: New Patients, Telehealth, and Other Income Streams – with Chen Yen, 2 PDA
Video Recording Coming Soon
- Part 2 of Lillian Bridges Face Reading, held February 20th
MAS Learning Management for CEU/PDA open - with 5 self paced, recorded courses with 14 PDA each, 2 with 2 PDA
Visit the CEU/PDA and Recording Page
1. Cancer Care, 2. Shen, 3. Addictions, 4. Bi-Obstruction (with Jeffrey Yuen), 5. Orthopedics – Alex Tiberi, 6. the Stress Code with Josh Solomon, and *NEW* 7. Face Reading online course with PDA.
Face Reading - Two Part series
Part 1 (Telehealth) Was held Saturday November 7th, 2020. Part 2 (Facial Maps), was held February 20, 1-3 PM, 2020
Part 1 CEU/PDA certificates were emailed 11/14/2020. Use support on menu to inquire if you attended and did not receive one by email from NCCAOM.
Find A Practitioner
Information on the office locations of licensed acupuncturists who are members of the Maryland Acupuncture Society (MAS) are available here. There are 2 ways to search:
- Use the office locator to find an acupuncturist with a selected distance of an address you enter.
- To find acupuncturists by name use the member directory.
Click on the profile picture or view details to see the complete profile. You can click on the member’s website for more information.
Select Membership Level below and click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
Wish to pay by check? Mail checks to MAS Membership, PO Box 5498, Takoma Park, MD 20913-5498. We will create a membership for you when the check is received. Follow the Become A Member link to see the fees.
The renewal date for all memberships is:
- one year after your previous renewal date for existing members,
- one year after you first join for new memberships, or
- one year after you pay for lapsed membership
Frequently Asked Questions
What is acupuncture?
What is herbal medicine?
What does it treat?
What are the laws, rules, and regulations in our state?
How to apply and what is required for licensure?
How do I renew and what is required?
About The Maryland Acupuncture Society
The Maryland Acupuncture Society (MAS) was founded by a group of the first acupuncture practitioners in the state. The organization grew out of the joint effort to see legislation enacted that would permit acupuncturists to practice in Maryland. Since that time, MAS has participated in the founding of national organizations including the the American Association of Oriental Medicine (AAOM), and the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance (AOMAlliance). Our membership has grown to include practitioners and students of diverse traditions. Progress in establishing ourselves at the state and national levels has given the society a voice that is heard and respected.