The course is based on a video recording of the live webinar which took place January 15, 2021. Those who attended the original webinar are enrolled in the course and marked as passing the course. The NCCAOM Certificates were sent to attendees of the original webinar on January 30, 2021 by email if they were present at the entire webinar. There is no plan at this time to turn this live webinar into a course for PDA.
You may have heard the Maryland Acupuncture Society talk about our work advocating for legislation that supports acupuncture, or how membership dues allow us to maintain a lobbyist for this important work.
Now, we invite you to join us virtually to meet Hayley Evans of Evans and Associates, learn about important developments in the work her team is doing for acupuncturists in Maryland, and learn what professional advocacy is and how you can be a part of it if you wish.
- The ethics of professional advocacy for acupuncture
- How MAS has responded to dry needling
- Understanding the roles and priorities of: senators, representatives, aides and others
- How budget influences the process
- How healthcare professionals affect our agenda
- How to look up and contact your local legislator, and writing an effective communication to your legislator
- Advocacy during this time of virtual communication
Live Question and Answer Session